Thursday, September 4, 2014

Apple Brownies

Hey guys, sorry I didn't get this posted till now, but I have a great recipe for you. It originally came from All Recipes but I had to make a couple tweaks to it. For those who don't know, I am deathly allergic to any form of nuts, (I will cover that later) so obviously I can't eat anything with nuts in it. This recipe called for walnuts, but I just cut those out.


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 3 medium apples- peeled, cored and sliced
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon


Basically, you just take your apples, peel them and slice them. I cut mine in bigger chunks because that is just how I like my apples in cakes. But fun tip, if you are cooking with apples like this and want to avoid them going brown as fast you can put them in Sprite. You can use pure lemon juice, but using Sprite prevents the apples from getting a lemon taste to them. 
After you cut the apples, put them aside. You will mix up the egg, melted butter and sugar in one bowl and in another bowl mix the remaining dry ingredients. Once you have those things mixed, you can slowly fold the dry ingredients into the sugar mix. Then add in the apples.

Then all you do is put it in a greased 9x9 pan and put it in the oven  at 350 degrees for about 35-40 minutes or until your toothpick comes out clean.
So the ratings:
Deliciousness- 9.5/10: this recipe I absolutely loved. It definitely felt like fall to me. But The only thing that doesn't make it a solid 10 is that Alex wasn't crazy about it. But all of my roommates like it. It is great too for breakfast.
Easiness- 9/10: Super easy recipe but having to peel, core and cut all the apples was not fun. 
Affordability- 10/10: this is very inexpensive. Most of the stuff I already had at home. All I had to buy was the apples.
College Friendliness- 10/10: Very easy to make and inexpensive. And to top it off, it was delicious. It makes a great snack or breakfast on the way to class. I mean who says you can't have cake for breakfast!?!

What are some of your favorite fall recipes?

Stay hungry my friends,
Felecia

No comments:

Post a Comment