Monday, September 29, 2014

Ready or Not

Well Saturday I was able to mark something off of my bucket list, I completed a 5K! Hallie and I did the Chi Omega Philanthropy 5k and while I am glad I did it. My time for the 3.1 miles was 47:00 (I don't know exactly the time...it was 47 something) Having not ever really trained for this or had any idea what I was getting myself into, here was some of the thoughts I had throughout the run.

The week leading up to the run:



Standing at the starting line:

At the sound of the starting gun:

About fifty feet in:


Half a mile in:


About a mile:

At the two mile mark: 

Turning the last corner:
At the finish line:



Like I said, I did the 5k in 47 minutes. While it is not the best time in the world, it was definitely an accomplishment. I hope that in the future I will be able to do more and get better times on a 5k.

How have you trianed for a race of any kind before?

Stay hungry my friends,
Felecia



2 comments:

  1. Wow good for you! Running makes me cry. There's no way I could do a marathon lol

    www.jeanevaspencer.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yeah a marathon would kill me. My roommate wants to train to do the Disney marathon...I think she is crazy haha

      Delete