Saturday, September 13, 2014

30 Minute Deep Dish Pizza

This is by far my favorite recipe I have made for this blog. Not only is it super simple to cook, it is fast, and taste delicious! So I present to you, 30 Minute Deep Dish Pizza!


I made this on Thursdsy night between band practices (we have practice from 4:00-5:00 and then from 7:00-9:00 on Thursdays) and because of the crazy schedule on Thursdays dinner has to be fast. So here is how you make this:

Ingredients
Pizza crust
Pizza sauce
Toppings of your choice
Cheese



1. Preheat the oven to 400°. Take the pizza crust and lay it out in a greased casserole dish, like so. 


2. Once it is in the casserole dish, follow the directions on the wrapper. Prebake the crust for 8 minutes. Take it out of the oven. 

3. Now the fun part; toppings! Start with your pizza sauce and put however much you like. I don't like a lot of sauce so I didn't put much on it. I also added some spices I had in the cabinet because I could. 


4. Then put your cheese and other toppings. Like any pizza, put whatever you want on it. We kept it simple and just did pepperoni. 


5. Put in the oven. I cooked it for 6 minutes, pulled it out and out a little cheese on top of it. Then put it back in the oven for 2 minutes. Once it's done, the crust should be golden brown. Let it set for a couple minutes to let the cheese thicken before you try to cut it. 


Deliciousness- 10/10: I love pizza and homemade pizza is even better.
Easiness- 10/10: it's just a lot of layering.  
Affordability- 10/10: this is very inexpensive. I had to buy the pizza crust, sauce and pepperoni but nothing cost more than $2.
College Friendliness- 10/10: Very easy to make and inexpensive. And to top it off, it was delicious. As a college student you don't always have a lot of time to make a meal, so having something quick and delicious is great. 

What are your favorite simple recipes?

Stay hungry my friends,
Felecia

No comments:

Post a Comment