Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Chicken Tortilla Bake

Good morning everyone. Saturday night I cooked dinner for the boyfriend and I and I tried my first recipe from Pinterest. This Chicken Tortilla bake that came from here. It turned out delicious! I was a little worried about it while it was in the oven but it came out much better than I expected.



So here is what you need to make it:

  • 6 inch corn tortillas- I used about 9 of them but it is really a personal preference
  • 2 cans of cream of chicken 
  • 1 can of tomatoes and green chile peppers
  • 1/2 pound of cooked, chopped chicken
  • shredded cheese
How to make it:
  • Cut up your chicken and cook it. I used a frying pan just because it was the easiest way.

  • Either when you cook your chicken or after it is done, mix up your cream of chicken and the can of tomato and green chile peppers. 



  • Then cut up your corn tortillas into small, strip like pieces. There is no right or wrong on the size of them.
  • Once everything is cut up and the chicken is cooked, start by putting a layer  of the tortilla strips on the bottom of pan. I used an 8x8 pan and everything fit perfectly.
  • After you put the tortilla strips down put half of the chicken and then a layer of the cream of chicken-tomato and chile mix.


  • Repeat your layers and top with a layer of the tortilla strips.

  • Put in the over for 40 minutes at 350. The original recipe called for the pan to be covered while you cook it but I was out of aluminum foil so I didn't do that.
  • After it cooks for 40 minutes, take it out, sprinkle as much cheese as you want on top, and put it back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.


I cooked mine for an extra 2 minutes on broil so that it would cook a little better because I didn't have it covered in the aluminum foil.



So here is my score for the recipe:
Deliciousness- 8/10 It was a little spicy for my personal preference but Alex loved it
Easiness- 9/10 the only time consuming part is cooking the chicken but other than that it is extremely simple
Affordability- 8/10 The chicken was the most expensive part but other than that everything else was very cheap.
College Friendliness- 8.5/10 With high affordability and easiness scores it is perfect for a weeknight meal for a student. It doesn't take much effort and it tastes good even as left overs.

So stay hungry my friends,
Felecia

No comments:

Post a Comment