Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Thanksgiving Recipe | 30 DBC: Day 6

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I know technically it is tomorrow, but its okay. I am so excited that I am getting to spend the week with my boyfriend and his family in Florida. It is strange not being home because I have never been away from everyone for a holiday but it is great to be able to be with him and his family.

To make it feel a little more like home, I made a good, Southern dish, that is also one of his favorites, Corn Casserole.
I don't really know where this recipe came from it is just something that I have had for years and it is good because it is an easy recipe for any gathering. You can also make it the day before and then just put it in the oven for a few minutes right before you want to eat it and it is still good.

Ingredients: 
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can cream corn
1 stick of butter, melted
8 oz of sour cream
2 eggs
1 box jiffy cornbread mix
Cheese for toppings

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350
Mix all the ingredients (other than the cheese) together in a bowl.
Put the mixed ingredients in a greased casserole dish.
Cook for 20 minutes in the oven.
After 20 minutes, take it out, and sprinkle cheese on top of it. It will still be soupy at this point.
Put the casserole back in the oven for another 20 minutes.
Let cool and serve.

And for today's #30DBC it is the thing that I am afraid of.

  • Penauts
  • Crunchy cockroaches
  • Snakes
  • Not being successful
  • Running out of craft supplies when I want to craft
  • Loosing people I care about

These are all the things I can think of right now. But I don't like thinking about the things that scare me. I much prefer to look at the things that make me happy!

What is your favorite Thanksgiving recipe?


No comments:

Post a Comment