Saturday, November 22, 2014

30DBC | Day 2: Facts About Me

Day 2: 20 Facts About You

Well this is always a hard thing for me because I have a hard time thinking of facts about me that I think are interesting. So some of these facts might be slightly boring, but here goes nothing.

  1. I am allergic to any form of nuts. I had my first reaction when I was nine months old and have had several reactions that have sent me to the hospital in my life. Unfortunately for me, it gets worse as I get older.  You can read more about it in an earlier blog post HERE.
  2. I was born with three kidneys. Yep, as a small child I had a lot of infections and the doctor decided there was something wrong with me...yeah I know, there is probably a lot wrong with me...but he did a test and discovered there was an abnormality. When I was 5 I had the extra one removed. No I did not sell it on the black market, no I didn't get to donate it. It was already dead and was killing off the good one. But it is a fun fact about me.
  3. As of right now, I have no idea what I want to do with my life. This is going to make day 4 of the blog challenge difficult but I honestly don't know. For the longest time I knew exactly what I wanted to do, but now I'm not so sure. But more on that later. 
  4. I play 5 instruments fairly well. I can play the piano, flute, piccolo, oboe and english horn. When I was 5 I started playing piano (apparently that was a big year for me), flute when I was in third grade, and oboe in high school. The english horn is my favorite and I get to play that and the oboe in symphony band at Troy. 
  5. Troy was the only school I applied to. My junior year of high school, I thought I was going to major in music education and broadcast journalism and I was talking to my band director and he suggested looking at his Alma Mater, Troy. So I started looking into, talked to some people who knew stuff about it and came for a campus visit. As soon as I came to campus I fell in love with it. I applied the summer before my senior year of high school, got accepted and got a full tuition scholarship my first day of my senior year. 
  6. I am a very "basic white girl". If you ask any of my friends, they will tell you. I am one of the most basic basic girls ever. I love peppermint mochas (pumpkin spice is okay too), I wear skinny jeans, boots and a vest quite regularly and I can't even. 
  7. I love Sigma Alpha Iota. SAI is a Greek music organization. We promote music in the community and also do social things, like formals and craft a lot. This past week we had our fall musicale which our president actually had filmed and put the whole thing on YouTube.

  8. I am uber excited to *hopefully* get a little in SAI next semester. We will start the training process for new Members In Training in the spring semester and I am up to get a little. I can not wait!
  9. I took 4 years of German. When I was in high school, my school offered Spanish, French, Latin and German and one of my best friends that was a year older than me suggested taking German like she did. Actually Hali threatened me if I took the "easy way" with Spanish she would disown me, so I took German. And I absolutely love it. Now that it has been several years, if you ask me to say anything or read anything German, I don't know how well it would go, but I would still love to go to Germany one day. 
  10. One day, I would love to be able to travel. I have been in the South, most of my life. The furthest I have traveled is to Colorado for a church trip and to Chicago for a family vacation one year. I would love to go to Europe one day and see all of the history that is there. I also want to travel to D.C. eventually. 
  11. Pinterest is my weakness. I really, really, really love Pinterest. I have 50 boards and almost 6,500 pins. It is my thing. Recipes and crafts are my weakness and that is what Pinterest is filled with. Oh, and wedding things. 
  12. I am not engaged yet, and I have a wedding board. Okay, so I technically have two wedding boards on Pinterest. Judge me if you want. But one is just cool ideas that I have seen and then one is things taht I actually want in my wedding one day. 
  13. Being on T.V. is fun. In the past almost four years, I have been on T.V. close to at least once a week. I have done everything on TrojanVision from producing the show to being the on-air anchor or weather person. 
  14. I love crafting. This is definitely something I get from my momma. Growing up she made me clothes and matching dresses for my dolls and art has always been my favorite class. Now I have a Silhouette Cameo, a giant bucket of paint, and a box full of canvases. If only I had enough time in the day to actually craft like I want, yeah that would be great. 
  15. Disney is amazing. I have no shame in admitting that I have a problem with Disney. If there was a Disney Anonymous, I would be there. But so would my friends. Because that is how we are. Hi everyone, I'm Felecia and I am a Disneyaholic. 
  16. Living in Alabama is actually very similar and very different from living in Georgia. Leaving one Southern state to go to another, has a lot of similarities and differences. 
  17. If I could monogram everything, I more than likely would. This goes back to number 6, being a basic white girl. But this is my mom's fault. She has an embroidery machine, so she is the enabler.
  18. This year I actually get to spend the holidays with Alex. In the last three years, we have had to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas separate, but this year we are going to each others houses. And I am sooooo excited!  
  19. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas because I get to cook and spend time with those that I love. Especially being off at school, I don't get to see my family much, so as I have gotten older, I have learned to appreciate the time I do get to spend with them. 
  20. Pink is my favorite color. I really am the stereotype of girly girl. Pink and sparkles. They just speak to me.

What are some strange facts about you?

Stay hungry my friends

No comments:

Post a Comment